Pete Maravich Assembly Center

Pete Maravich Assembly Center

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Great gift

Have you ever received one of those unexpected gifts and it was as if it hit the spot at just the right time?

A couple of weeks ago I received in the mail a package, but did not recognize the sender.

When I opened the box, it was a Boston Celtic Championship T Shirt. I am a Boston Celtic Fan, but would never take the time or spend the money to get the shirt. My son and sent it to me as a gift.

It is now of course my favorite shirt and I wear it every time I can.

For a teenager to think, plan, and send for a shirt like that is neat. Just when you feel like you are on their case all the time, they will turn and surprise you.

I knew I had been hard on him lately and probably had not given him enough positive reinforcement. He showed me his maturity by not getting mad, but loving me unconditionally.

It is very humbling when you get life lessons from your children. He showed me like God shows us all the time in that our position does not change (we are always his children and he is going to love us no matter how many mistakes we make).

If you see me wearing the Celtic T Shirt it is not because of being so much of a Celtic fan as it is being a fan of my son's.

"And let the peace of the Messiah, to which you were also called in one body, control your hearts, Be Thankful" Colossians 3:15