Pete Maravich Assembly Center

Pete Maravich Assembly Center

Saturday, February 21, 2009

John Croyle

These are notes from a talk from John Croyle who runs the Big Oaks Children home in Gadsden, AL
Four things he tells the kids that come to his ranch (www.bigoakranch.org)
1. I love you
2. I will never leave you
3. I will stick with you
4. There are boundaries

They all ask do you really love me?

The mark of greatness-loving someone else

What a kid hears repeatedly he will eventually believe it

Do you impact or inspire

Four options you have with kids and your gifts
1. Invest
2. Spend
3. Waste
4. Hoard
The first has eternal value the rest have no eternal value

Croyle wants his kids that come and live at the ranch to be able to say "There was a day I knew he believed in me."

Kids also need:
Emotional support
Trust
Security