Pete Maravich Assembly Center

Pete Maravich Assembly Center

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Greatness

Great perspective from Mike Singletary( Hall of Fame football player and San Francisco 49ers head coach) about greatness...

“Greatness is not about someone who has the ability to be great. Greatness shows up when someone might not have that ability but finds a way to succeed. They outwork their opponents, they outhit their opponents, and they outfight their opponents. They want it more. Don’t give me the guy that is supposed to be all-world and you've got to try to talk him into something. Give me the guy who has maybe just enough talent to be on the field but thinks he's great, who's willing to do whatever he can do to contribute, to make his team better. That’s what I want. Give me all the misfits, the guys no one else wants. Now trust me, I want some talent too. But give me the right type of talent.”

Taken from Sports Illustrated ( September 23)

Blog Archive