Pete Maravich Assembly Center

Pete Maravich Assembly Center

Monday, June 27, 2011

Here I stand

 

“Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me. Amen."-Martin Luther

In the words of Martin Luther I write while trying to help others stay out of the landmines in life. I have stepped into traps and watched others put themselves into traps that could have been avoided with a little bit of proper guidance along the way.

Some of life we must learn along the way. Experience is not always the best teacher. Sometimes your experience can be the best teacher. If it costs someone else and will not cost me then that can be a good teaching experience.

We all have had those moments that we look back on and are convinced we had to go through that trail in order to properly develop as a person. Some of those moments are without a doubt moments of truth. Without them we could not have been molded into who we are right now. Others could have possibly been avoided with simple guidance.

How do we help someone make the transition from one area of life to another? The average time span Americans spend in a particular job is 6.7 years. That means we change jobs on average every 6.7 years. We may stay in the same profession, but we change jobs that often. Gone are the days when we our parents and grandparents worked for the same company and received the gold watch for serving their 40 years.