Pete Maravich Assembly Center

Pete Maravich Assembly Center

Monday, August 31, 2009

Hebrews 12:11

Hebrews 12:11
No discipline seems enjoyable at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it yields the fruit of peace and righteouseness to those who have been trained by it.

This verse is for me. I don't like discipline on myself. I also see that other people don't like to have discipline especially if it is not in their best interest.

My college coach, Don Meyer, used to always say in basketball parents want the best four players on the floor along with their child. I have found that parents want discipline for 99% of the kids, but just make sure it is not for their kid. That is why high school teachers and coaches are so frustrated today. It's not the kids, it's the parents.

People talk about how different kids are today. Kids are different because the parents are different and have failed to discipline it is as plain as that.