Pete Maravich Assembly Center

Pete Maravich Assembly Center

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

From All Pro Dad January 13

The worst word in the English language
Michael Jordan once commented that the word "if" is the worst word in the English language. Think about it. We spend so much time worrying... "if I lose my job" or "if I get sick" or "if my child does drugs."

Or, as Mark Twain supposedly said, "The worst things that ever happened to me never happened." 


Anxiety is a thief that steals our present. So what is the antidote to worry?  Faith.  Believing that God has all things under control, and that everything works out for the best is essential to combating fear.  So if anxiety has gotten the best of you lately, take a long walk and pray to Him who works everything together for good, and has promised peace that passes understanding.

Blog Archive