Pete Maravich Assembly Center

Pete Maravich Assembly Center

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Reconnect

I thought last spring how unconnected or de-connected I can become with my team, with others and my family.

Whether it is a mission statement, or a charge this is what I have given to our team for this year.

We may not have the most of (fill in the blank), but we can make up for it in other ways. I need something to hold myself accountable. I want something to hold our team accountable.

For evaluating how our team is playing I love statistics and trends. I love to analyze numbers of how we are playing, shooting, rebounding, defending, etc. What I don’t like doing is monitoring how much a player is growing and how a team is growing emotionally. Each one is different and takes its own time table.

We may not reach of these goals. We will strive to hit them between now and the last game of the season. The goals we want to achieve on the court and in games are tangible and are for all to see. Only our team can see these goals.

It may take every day single day of our season and up to the last second. That will be our commitment for our team.

Reconnect

We will be committed to each other

We will love each other

We will give our best for each other

We will depend on each other

We will be here for each other

We will cheer for each other

We will forgive each other

We will listen to each other

We will put yesterday behind us

We will not worry about tomorrow

We will give it all we got today

We will respect each other

We will confront each other

We will help each other

We will have each other’s back