Pete Maravich Assembly Center

Pete Maravich Assembly Center

Thursday, September 8, 2011

“How much will I get paid?”

The other day while doing jobs around the house one of my younger daughters had a question once she was given a task. Instead of a quick “yes dad” or “yes mom” she was curious of what she was getting out of the deal.

“How much am I going to get paid?”, she asked. Not getting upset I told her to do the job and she doesn’t get paid per job in this household. Sorry that’s not how we do business. Everyone pitches in, although sometimes begrudgingly.

I laughed when she said the statement then thought about it the rest of the day. It made me think of how much do I get that I deserve:

I have a great family, but I can easily get upset about something minor.

My wife has made many sacrifices for me, yet I am sometimes no as loving and supportive as I should be.

I am thankful to have the house I have even if something needs to be fixed here and there.

I am fortunate to work at a school that has the same values I do even if we may not have the same budget some schools have.

God does amazing things in small ways. He can take a simple sentence and allow it to get me refocused and change my way of thinking. Instead of feeling sorry for myself this allowed me to look at things a different way and be much more appreciative.